Wednesday, May 30, 2007

It was a dark and dreary day

I've been photographing Yesenia (aka Jessie) since 2002. Except for the first hiccup, she has been an enthusiastic and dependable model for me and I truly enjoy working with her. She's exotic and intelligent with a unique sense of humor. After she got married, she left Texas for a while but we still managed to get together once to do a photoshoot in Lost Wages. She's driving over 100 miles to do a shoot, I've driven over 100 miles twice to her place to do a shoot and finally she's settled down in a community about 30 minutes from my sister's place in Dallas.

Well, I traveled to Dallas earlier this month to visit and spend time with my niece and managed to schedule a photoshoot with her on a Sunday. The day started out nice but by the time I left to meet her, it started to rain pretty hard to the point of thunderstorms. As I sat in the parking lot, it started to hail. Fortunately, by the time she got there, it was still raining but not so hard that I figured if I could find some covered areas, I could still do the shoot. After all, I flew over 4000 miles and to not do the shoot would have been a waste of time.

We drove over to the town of Grapevine (about 5 minutes away and discovered that the streets were completely deserted since it was already Sunday evening. Here are the results of the shoot.






1 comment:

amwz photography said...

this is my hometown... glad you liked it!! it is a super quiet town on Sunday evening.. almost any evening- they roll up the streets early..