Sunday, May 18, 2008

It must be the shorts...


Ok, so I have this pair of shorts that I wear whenever I do a beach shoot and I might be walking in the water. Every time I've worn those shorts, it's gotten soaked by a rogue wave. This session was no exception.

This model is a contestant in the upcoming Miss Hawaii Scholarship Pageant. We were doing a shoot for content to be used in an upcoming advertisement in the Miss Hawaii Program book. She was at the edge of the water and I was up the bank at the edge of the high wave mark. You would think I was safe... WRONG!!!

You can see the sequence as she's posing and the wave is sneaking up behind her. She then gets nailed by the wave. What you don't see and I wish there was someone there to capture the moment in video for America's Funniest Home Videos was that the wave also got me. I'm sitting on the dry sand. After she got nailed by the wave, I felt a lot of water around me. Yup, the wave was stronger than I thought it was and I was soaked up to my hips. Luckily none of my cameras or gear got wet. A couple of things on my belt and my wallet was a little damp but other than that, no problems other than a clammy set of underwear and sand up my pants.

1 comment:

Rheagan Leatherwood said...

Paul, you always amaze me. I am leaving for Florida in a couple of weeks, but I don't think that it will be as beautiful as this. Great story. I can just see it. Very funny!!!