Monday, May 26, 2008

Michele & Solomon's Engagement Session

With my full coverage packages, I offer a bonus engagement portrait session on location. There are several reasons why I do this. First, it lets the couple get a feel to how I do my photography, my posing, how I direct the posing or let them do their own thing.

It lets me see how they photograph. Is there a better side to their face, how at ease are they at creating the poses. I realize there are photographers who let the couple do their own poses which is fine but I prefer to direct the posing so that the pose looks comfortable and has a feel of elegance and flow(even though one may not feel that way when executing the actual pose). There will be times when I will let the couple or the group do their thing while I capture the images but I feel that in most cases, a tweak her and a tweak there will result in better images.

It gives the bride an opportunity to do a trial makeup and hair session with their makeup artist to see if she may or may not want some adjustments for the makeup on the wedding day.

These are images from Michele & Solomon's engagement session. The location is Downtown Honolulu on the weekend (nobody around) for an urban look and on the North Shore of Oahu for a more casual look.







1 comment:

Scrappygirl2u said...

I love the silhoutte of the couple it's beautiful! As always fabulous work! :)