Sunday, May 4, 2008

Workshop, workshop, workshop





I was involved with a scrapbooking website a while back and disappeared on them even though I still lurk on their message board. I noticed they were trying to do a Get together about the time when I would be visiting my niece (11 going on 22 but turning 12 in June) so offered to do a workshop when I was there.





We decided to meet at the Ft. Worth Stockyards and do things there. I arranged for a couple of models knowning full well that chances are one may flake (that's the average). One showed (even though she got lost and was late) and the other flaked. The one that showed up (Elle Frazier from Model Mayhem) was a trouper and did whatever was asked of her (including sitting on freshly laid caulk that no one knew was there until she stood up and there was a straight gray line on her black shorts on her butt). The group was challenged into shooting in the mid day sun with no clouds. By learning to look for the right light, I think they got something out of the workshop.

No comments: